This Rosemary Country Gravy is the best addition to your lazy weekend mornings! Cover on top of hash browns and eggs or your favorite breakfast biscuit! The possibilities are endless with this healthy, comfort classic!
Do you ever feel like you’ve got so much to say you don’t even know where to start so you say nothing at all?
Well my friends, that’s how I am feeling today.
But, rather than mindlessly share my scattered Lizism thoughts with you, I’m going to keep this short and sweet (well, savory actually!)
Rosemary Country Gravy Hash Browns with Turmeric Eggs
Yep, these Country Gravy Hash Browns have been #trending in the Shaw Kitchen lately and frankly Mr. CEO is not one bit mad about it.
The thing that really makes this meal- the Country Gravy. I mean just look at this big ole’ bowl of goodness… Southern comfort at its finest, right?
Rosemary Country Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cows milk
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- To prepare gravy, place 4-quart stovetop pot over medium heat. Stir butter until melted, mixing in spices after about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in flour and begin to pour in milk, 1/4 cup at a time. Continue to stir over medium to low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add in sprigs of rosemary and turn heat to low, cover and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Before serving (or storing), remove rosemary sprigs.
- Serve over hash browns, biscuits or favorite cooked veggies and top with eggs!