Don’t ya think when something says mini you can immediately have more than one?
If you’re shaking your head yes, this recipe is just for you!
I love mini things. Yes, it’s a weird fetish I have but I swear it’s in my genes. #Realtalk, as kids, Pancake Sundays and I used to fight over the small spoon in the utensil drawer. Okay, maybe to this day when we’re both under one roof this still happens…
Anyways, this new Simple Swap Mini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is like a little piece of heaven wrapped up into edible form. Sure, we’ve made Banana Chocolate Chip muffins before, but this is MINI! It’s the perfect touch of sweetness to satisfy your craving while also packing a strong pack of nutrition. Just think… for about 100 calories you can have three of these babies and get in a dose of whole grains and fiber to boot.
When making these mini muffins from scratch, your precious dolla’ bills will stay in your pocket rather than being spent on those high priced 100 calorie packs. You’ll feel great knowing there’s no hidden ingredients in them too.
If you’re tight on time and sans high fiber cereal, feel free to sub out for dry oats, they’ll taste just as good and will save you a trip to the store.
High Fiber Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips mini
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups high fiber cereal crushed
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup maple syrup no added sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse high fiber cereal in a blender until a flour like consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients. In a smaller bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix dry into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon out into mini muffin containers, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and enjoy!