Cherish the flavor of summer into fall! #peachpancakegravy
Alright folks, I’m late to the game because IHOP screwed me up with their IHOP National Pancake Day in March, but today is officially National Pancake Day! Thanks Meme for the reminder, and for enticing me to whip up some pancakes a day early too!
I have to admit, I’ve had this recipe stored in my arsenal of weekend recipe creations to post at some point. Yep, it’s true, I have a file that’s just that! I couldn’t think of a better recipe to post for you to enjoy National Pancake Day that this deliciously nutritious Peach Pancake Gravy.
Not only can you savor the flavor of fall a little longer, but you can also rest easy knowing your getting a nutritional bang when you top your pancakes with this thick and sweet gravy. The fiber plus natural fructose in the peaches will give you that satisfying sugary fix while leaving you satiated and content. A total win in my book!
Peachy Pancake Gravy
- 1 large yellow peach diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegan light margarine
- Combine margarine and sugar in a small pan over a medium flame.
- Once melted, combine cinnamon, peaches, milk and cornstarch into the mix.
- Stir until gravy thickens and desired consistency is reached!