Green Goddess Salad + Frugal Feasts for a Healthy Diet
Truth, I love a good deal.
Mr. CEO laughs, but I seriously am the happiest little lady when I snag a discount meal or bag full of groceries for under $10.
Thus, you can imagine my delight when Mr.CEO challenged me to come up with a meal under $3.
With budgets tight and the new year on us, I figured heck, we could all use a healthy, simple, and 100% delicious recipe that will satisfy and satiate you.
This Green Goddess Salad with Chili Infused Olive Oil does just that!
Let me break this bad boy down for you.
Price breakdown of the Green Goddess Salad:
- $1.99 for bag of mixed greens (kale, broccoli sprouts, cabbage)
- $.99 for 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- $.25 lemon
- $.89 canned beans
- $.33 medium avocado
- $.89 1 pound bag of carrots
- $3.99 16 oz bottle of olive oil
Alright friends, do you see those prices. I gave them as cost per ingredient but surely you can use the extra ingredients in my Sweet Potato Chili!
The total cost per serving for this delight is a mere $1.85 approximately! Music to my ears I tell you.
Plus, you are not only getting protein from the beans, heart healthy fats from the avocado and olive oil, but also nearly four servings of vegetables from the green goddesses!
Say it with me, “WOOHOO!”
Join me in making life easier and saving a buck or two on your groceries this week by whipping up this beauty with me!
Green Goddess Salad with Chili Infused Olive Oil - Vegan, Gluten Free
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 medium avocado sliced
- 1 cup beans garbanzo, white, crunchy chickpeas
- 1/2 small lemon sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili olive oil or oil of choice
- Fill two bowls with equal portions of the salad greens, tomatoes, carrots, sliced avocado and beans.
- Squeeze 2 slices of lemon over the greens and toss with 1 teaspoon per bowl of olive oil.
- Serve immediately.